Jeremiah School 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremiah School 2008

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people; that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psalm 2 (29/10/08)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kenk3n
Admin

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Empty
PostSubject: Psalm 2 (29/10/08)   Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 am

The commentary wrote something about verse 5.

"Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying…"

Anger…wrath. God's anger is always an expression of his righteousness. This particular sentence strikes me because I don't expect this. Another way of God working in His own mysterious ways eh. How does He express righteousness when He's angry? Does that mean He is teaching me by scolding me like how my parents scolded me so that I can be a good person next time?

A food for thought: Do we even realise God's anger in our lives?
Back to top Go down
http://kenk3n.wordpress.com
honhon
Brothers

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psalm 2 (29/10/08)   Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:31 am

Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against his Anointed One.

These two verses remind me of the prayer of the believers in Acts 4 after the release of Peter and John from the Sanhedrin council. Prior to that, Peter healed a lame man who was at the Beautiful Gate.

In Acts 4:25, the believers said that God spoke through David, that is, Psalm 2 about this prophecy that has came to past. The "kings" and "rulers" refered to Herod and Pontius Pilate.

Some part, for me, was difficult to comprehend. Why "break their chains" and "throw of their fetters"? What is actually the "iron scepter" and why "dash them to pieces like pottery"? Who are "they"?

The last part concludes everything. Blessed is he who take refuge in him. Hopefully all of us as refugees in this messy world will take shelter in him. The outside world is too tiring for us to handle sometimes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.honhonandrew.blogspot.com
Enoch
Brothers

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Empty
PostSubject: Psalm 2 : 12   Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:23 am

Kiss the Son
I'm sure no one else will share this.
I did this psalm on wednesday, and today The Star have a story regarding the lady who return to her parent after months of run-away-from-home with boyfriend. The report last line: "If necessary, I will kiss his feet."
Noticed that the NIV testnote of our Bible, kiss=sign of submission. Study it further, in ancient as in Gen 41:40 and notes, "at your command all my people are to kiss you"..No worry, kiss hands and legs only. The other reference bout kiss is Judas' kiss, but this kiss is a contrast, instead of submission, it is betrayal.
The point now is Jesus is the bride, church the bridgeroom. They kiss.duh.
So, who are you kissing today? (psa2:12.lest he be angry)
(CC, why no kiss emoticons 1 )
Back to top Go down
http://enochwithyou.blogspot.com
SheepZ
Brothers

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psalm 2 (29/10/08)   Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:12 am

verse 10 says "Therefore,you kings,be wise;be warned,you rulers of the earth."It made me think bout de US n deir election.Lets pray for dem dat deir wise n de right leader is chosen.

the second part of verse 6 "...You are my Son;today I have become your Father."Does it not too refer to when Jesus got baptised (Mark 1:9) Where it talks about God saying " You are my Son,whom I love;with you I am well pleased."

And refering to Enoch's entry...jz recently i re-watched "The Passion of Christ" and i noticed this...His mother literally Kissed Jesus' feet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psalm 2 (29/10/08)   Psalm 2 (29/10/08) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psalm 2 (29/10/08)
Page 1 of 1